need assist with ideas for a dual enrollment college/high school class

  • who wants to know?
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2008
      I got hired to teach 2 sections at a local comm. college however its
      not college students I teach, its HIGH school! I got 10,11 and 12
      graders that are in a dual enrollment classes.
      I need ideas of what to do with them for an intro to art humanities
      class until the books come in (and God only knows when that will be
      according to the school).
      I had plans to give the student reading assignments, and present the
      chapters to the class in teams each day, along with the visuals from
      powerpoints I made to coincide with the chapter readings, well good
      plans have gone awry being they do not have the books!
      I also need to assign relevent homework- so what can I do in class
      (besides my powerpoints, which I only have a few more to use) without
      the book, and what kind of homework assignments can I give them? the
      class is an hour and 40 minutes long with NO breaks!!!
      I am really desperate------------please private email me!
      Thanks all!!