Re:principles of art

  • kmartist1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi Wanda,
      I've got some activities for teaching the elements and principles on my website. You can use them if you like. I use them to teach high school. The site needs updating, but there is still stuff you can use. www.teachart.net
      Kerry Marquis
      www.teachpottery.net
    • momto2preschoolers
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
        I had my class start with the color wheel. I gave them a circle with 12
        equal pieces drawn in, and one pre cut pie piece. They then took the
        single piece folded it half and cut out shapes (like making snow
        flakes), then traced that single piece onto each of the 12 in the
        circle. Colorring the cut out parts black and the remaing part 1 of the
        12 colors. Had them color ing dark, and bold. Had geart patterns, and
        they had to dig for some of the colors.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "wanda smith" <wsmith72104@...>
        wrote:

        > Anyone have a good lesson plan + project for teaching the principles
        of
        > art? I teach 8th and 9th grade. Thanks Wanda

      • Kelli Wilke
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
          Could you post some pictures of this project?  It sounds great.  What grade did you do this with??

          Thanks,
          Kelli in NE