Re: Art club

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hi Wanda and All,

      I do an art club after school. Kids ride the "late" bus home with the
      high school sports, making it 45 minutes. We do lessons I couldn't do
      with 100 kids in a grade or center choice. The club has been really
      popular, so I have to figure out a way for all interested students to
      join in, last year I shortened it to a mini art club" for a few weeks
      for each group. I have been experimenting with the art club as TAB
      and teacher directed lessons. This year I am going to have themes-
      painting, paper mache sculptures, wearable art and open studio. I
      limit the number of kids for my own sanity to 20. Limiting the
      sessions has worked too, although they hate waiting for their sessions.

      If I had only 20 minutes for the club I would do sketching, weaving,
      or knotting. Something you can start and finish independently. Let
      us know how you work it. ALi
    • Kelli Wilke
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
        Jennifer,
        I came across your email when I was "cleaning out" my inbox.  Did I ever send you the info you wanted on the ribbon roses?

        Kelli

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
          No I looked it up on U Tube and found a video.... Thanks anyways.