Re: [art_education] Art club

  • MJ Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2008
      Kelli,

      Great Website!!! I need more specifics on the ribbon roses. Please email me at smth_mj@...

      Thanks

      Jennifer

      "An idea is salvation by imagination."
      Frank Lloyd Wright

      --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Kelli Wilke <kdenne14@...> wrote:

      > From: Kelli Wilke <kdenne14@...>
      > Subject: Re: [art_education] Art club
      > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 4:14 PM
      > sorry Lauren, my link didn't work.  Try
      > manila.esu6.org/kelliw  There's no www in the address
      > so that sometimes messes it up to, that could be the
      > problem.  The ribbon roses are actually very easy to
      > make.  Just get 1-1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon.  Tie one
      > end of the it to a wire flower stem, pull the ribbon down
      > one side of the wire so it crumples on one side.  Start
      > wrapping the ribbon around the knot and around itself.  It
      > will start to make a flower.  Wrap the left over wire
      > around the stem and cover with floral tape.  Let me know if
      > you need more specifics than that.
      > Hope that helps,
      > Kelli in NE
      >

      > --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Lauren <lvartteacher@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: Lauren <lvartteacher@...>
      > Subject: Re: [art_education] Art club
      > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 4:49 PM
      >

      > Kelli, Your link does not work. Can you repost it? Thank
      > you
      >
      > Also, How do you make the ribbon roses? We sell fresh
      > roses, but
      > think that the students may like the ribbon ones better
      > because they
      > last forever.
      >
      > --
      > Lauren in Vegas
    • Kieren Dutcher
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
        I tried to do art club at lunch, not enough time, so I now do an after school class, that I charge kids  for. I do 3 sessions a year, about 11 weeks long, 1 1/2 hr classes. This session I am doing canvas painting. I set up still lifes for the kids, starting with very simple shapes, slices of fruit, etc...(one day I bring in desserts to paint, then the kids get to eat them!), and sometimes we go outside and try a landscape, or do self-portraits.Once in a while we'll paint a mural.  In the winter I will sometimes teach knitting or stitchery, ceramics, whatever the kids request that isn't too difficult to set up after teaching all day!
        Kieren

      • aliteachesart
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
          Hi Wanda and All,

          I do an art club after school. Kids ride the "late" bus home with the
          high school sports, making it 45 minutes. We do lessons I couldn't do
          with 100 kids in a grade or center choice. The club has been really
          popular, so I have to figure out a way for all interested students to
          join in, last year I shortened it to a mini art club" for a few weeks
          for each group. I have been experimenting with the art club as TAB
          and teacher directed lessons. This year I am going to have themes-
          painting, paper mache sculptures, wearable art and open studio. I
          limit the number of kids for my own sanity to 20. Limiting the
          sessions has worked too, although they hate waiting for their sessions.

          If I had only 20 minutes for the club I would do sketching, weaving,
          or knotting. Something you can start and finish independently. Let
          us know how you work it. ALi
        • Kelli Wilke
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
            Jennifer,
            I came across your email when I was "cleaning out" my inbox.  Did I ever send you the info you wanted on the ribbon roses?

            Kelli

            > manila.esu6. org/kelliw   There's no www in the address
            > so that sometimes messes it up to, that could be the
            > problem.  The ribbon roses are actually very easy to
            > make.  Just get 1-1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon.  Tie one
            > end of the it to a wire flower stem, pull the ribbon down
            > one side of the wire so it crumples on one side.  Start
            > wrapping the ribbon around the knot and around itself.  It
            > will start to make a flower.  Wrap the left over wire
            > around the stem and cover with floral tape.  Let me know if
            > you need more specifics than that.
            > Hope that helps,
            > Kelli in NE
            >

            > --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Lauren <lvartteacher@ gmail.com>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: Lauren <lvartteacher@ gmail.com>
            > Subject: Re: [art_education] Art club
            > To: art_education@ yahoogroups. com
            > Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 4:49 PM
            >

            > Kelli, Your link does not work. Can you repost it? Thank
            > you
            >
            > Also, How do you make the ribbon roses? We sell fresh
            > roses, but
            > think that the students may like the ribbon ones better
            > because they
            > last forever.
            >
            > --
            > Lauren in Vegas

          • MJ Smith
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
              No I looked it up on U Tube and found a video.... Thanks anyways.