Re: [art_education] Art club

  • Kelli Wilke
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1 4:14 PM
      sorry Lauren, my link didn't work.  Try manila.esu6.org/kelliw  There's no www in the address so that sometimes messes it up to, that could be the problem.  The ribbon roses are actually very easy to make.  Just get 1-1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon.  Tie one end of the it to a wire flower stem, pull the ribbon down one side of the wire so it crumples on one side.  Start wrapping the ribbon around the knot and around itself.  It will start to make a flower.  Wrap the left over wire around the stem and cover with floral tape.  Let me know if you need more specifics than that.
      Hope that helps,
      Kelli in NE

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1 4:35 PM
        Kelli,

        Great Website!!! I need more specifics on the ribbon roses. Please email me at smth_mj@...

        Thanks

        Jennifer

        "An idea is salvation by imagination."
        Frank Lloyd Wright

        > manila.esu6.org/kelliw  There's no www in the address
        > so that sometimes messes it up to, that could be the
        > problem.  The ribbon roses are actually very easy to
        > make.  Just get 1-1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon.  Tie one
        > end of the it to a wire flower stem, pull the ribbon down
        > one side of the wire so it crumples on one side.  Start
        > wrapping the ribbon around the knot and around itself.  It
        > will start to make a flower.  Wrap the left over wire
        > around the stem and cover with floral tape.  Let me know if
        > you need more specifics than that.
        > Hope that helps,
        > Kelli in NE
        >

        > --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Lauren <lvartteacher@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: Lauren <lvartteacher@...>
        > Subject: Re: [art_education] Art club
        > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 4:49 PM
        >

        > Kelli, Your link does not work. Can you repost it? Thank
        > you
        >
        > Also, How do you make the ribbon roses? We sell fresh
        > roses, but
        > think that the students may like the ribbon ones better
        > because they
        > last forever.
        >
        > --
        > Lauren in Vegas
      • Kieren Dutcher
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2 9:04 AM
          I tried to do art club at lunch, not enough time, so I now do an after school class, that I charge kids  for. I do 3 sessions a year, about 11 weeks long, 1 1/2 hr classes. This session I am doing canvas painting. I set up still lifes for the kids, starting with very simple shapes, slices of fruit, etc...(one day I bring in desserts to paint, then the kids get to eat them!), and sometimes we go outside and try a landscape, or do self-portraits.Once in a while we'll paint a mural.  In the winter I will sometimes teach knitting or stitchery, ceramics, whatever the kids request that isn't too difficult to set up after teaching all day!
          Kieren

        • aliteachesart
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2 1:15 PM
            Hi Wanda and All,

            I do an art club after school. Kids ride the "late" bus home with the
            high school sports, making it 45 minutes. We do lessons I couldn't do
            with 100 kids in a grade or center choice. The club has been really
            popular, so I have to figure out a way for all interested students to
            join in, last year I shortened it to a mini art club" for a few weeks
            for each group. I have been experimenting with the art club as TAB
            and teacher directed lessons. This year I am going to have themes-
            painting, paper mache sculptures, wearable art and open studio. I
            limit the number of kids for my own sanity to 20. Limiting the
            sessions has worked too, although they hate waiting for their sessions.

            If I had only 20 minutes for the club I would do sketching, weaving,
            or knotting. Something you can start and finish independently. Let
            us know how you work it. ALi
          • Kelli Wilke
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
              Jennifer,
              I came across your email when I was "cleaning out" my inbox.  Did I ever send you the info you wanted on the ribbon roses?

              Kelli

              > manila.esu6. org/kelliw   There's no www in the address
              > so that sometimes messes it up to, that could be the
              > problem.  The ribbon roses are actually very easy to
              > make.  Just get 1-1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon.  Tie one
              > end of the it to a wire flower stem, pull the ribbon down
              > one side of the wire so it crumples on one side.  Start
              > wrapping the ribbon around the knot and around itself.  It
              > will start to make a flower.  Wrap the left over wire
              > around the stem and cover with floral tape.  Let me know if
              > you need more specifics than that.
              > Hope that helps,
              > Kelli in NE
              >

              > --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Lauren <lvartteacher@ gmail.com>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: Lauren <lvartteacher@ gmail.com>
              > Subject: Re: [art_education] Art club
              > To: art_education@ yahoogroups. com
              > Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 4:49 PM
              >

              > Kelli, Your link does not work. Can you repost it? Thank
              > you
              >
              > Also, How do you make the ribbon roses? We sell fresh
              > roses, but
              > think that the students may like the ribbon ones better
              > because they
              > last forever.
              >
              > --
              > Lauren in Vegas

            • MJ Smith
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
                No I looked it up on U Tube and found a video.... Thanks anyways.