principles of art

  • wanda smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
      Anyone have a good lesson plan + project for teaching the principles of
      art? I teach 8th and 9th grade. Thanks Wanda
    • kmartist1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hi Wanda,
        I've got some activities for teaching the elements and principles on my website. You can use them if you like. I use them to teach high school. The site needs updating, but there is still stuff you can use. www.teachart.net
        Kerry Marquis
        www.teachpottery.net
      • momto2preschoolers
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
          I had my class start with the color wheel. I gave them a circle with 12
          equal pieces drawn in, and one pre cut pie piece. They then took the
          single piece folded it half and cut out shapes (like making snow
          flakes), then traced that single piece onto each of the 12 in the
          circle. Colorring the cut out parts black and the remaing part 1 of the
          12 colors. Had them color ing dark, and bold. Had geart patterns, and
          they had to dig for some of the colors.

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "wanda smith" <wsmith72104@...>
          wrote:

          > Anyone have a good lesson plan + project for teaching the principles
          of
          > art? I teach 8th and 9th grade. Thanks Wanda

        • Kelli Wilke
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
            Could you post some pictures of this project?  It sounds great.  What grade did you do this with??

            Thanks,
            Kelli in NE