Candy Wrapper Artist

  • mprender8888
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2008
      I little over a month ago someone in the group posted something about
      an artist that paints... among other things, candy and candy wrappers.
      Would you be so kind as to send me that link. My computer got wiped
      clean.

      Thanks,

      Mike (Los Angeles)
    • piketeach@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2008
        Mike,

        I can't tell you anything about Candy Wrapper Artist, but I recently had my computer wiped clean too.  The difference is that I used Carbonite, it only costs $50.00 a year and it backed up all of my files off site.  It's totally secure and easy to use. Check it out at Carbonite.com
        Terry

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2008
          If you buy a flash drive, you can simply put it in your USB slot and
          back up important files that way. These are pretty cheap now and you
          can get 4 gbs. for less than $20 in many cases. If you have Windows,
          this is especially important as drives are constantly crashing.

          You can back up your files easily by going to the Start Menu > All
          Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup. If the Backup or
          Restore Wizard appears, click on Advanced Mode. Click the Backup tab.
          You then select where you want your files to be copied.

          Ken

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "mprender8888"
          <mprender8888@...> wrote:

          > I little over a month ago someone in the group posted something about
          > an artist that paints... among other things, candy and candy wrappers.
          > Would you be so kind as to send me that link. My computer got wiped
          > clean.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Mike (Los Angeles)

        • James Cipalla
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            Or you could create a Google Mail account and mail all your files to yourself. That's what I did - Free storaqe baby :)

            Namaste,

            Jim Cipalla

            Art Department Head,Art Teacher,
            North side Middle School
            Norfolk,Virginia
            JCipalla@...

            Art is made of love,heart,creation and feelings, you go deep inside to find an artist of beautiful creation. A creation from an artist isn't just a drawing, or a painting but a feeling or a thing that lives inside. Art is creations from people's hearts. Art brings out personality and love. Art is the feeling of Joy.
            = A.B. = One of my wonderful Sixth grade students.

            >>> <piketeach@...> 8/27/2008 6:56 PM >>>
            Mike,

            I can't tell you anything about Candy Wrapper Artist, but I recently had my
            computer wiped clean too. The difference is that I used Carbonite, it only
            costs $50.00 a year and it backed up all of my files off site. It's totally
            secure and easy to use. Check it out at Carbonite.com
            Terry

            deal here.

          • Michael Prendergast
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
              Hello Gang,

              Thanks for all the great advice. I knew my computer was going to be cleaned away. I only lost my favorites because I forget to take copy the folder. I have a 500 GB external drive and a portable 4GB Flash drive that I use to back up and transport files from home to work.

              All I need to find was the artist and the original poster kindly sent me the link. http://www.lauragodi.com/index2.php

              She does really good stuff for my inexperienced high school students.

              Thanks again for all the good advice,

              Michael
            • James Cipalla
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
                I thought you were looking for this artist:

                rachel perry welty

                http://www.rachelperrywelty.com/