Re: [art_education] Something crazy but it could be worth thinking about...

  • ARTSWIM@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 24, 2002
      dear blue
      I am interested
      becky
    • Mary Kate McKinley
      Message 2 of 11 , May 25, 2002
        Let's Do It!!!
                 -Mary Kate!

        At 03:15 AM Saturday 5/25/2002 +0000, you wrote:

        Ever considered somehow getting together and working on something
        that could link us, our students, our schools and our respective
        countries together? I did something like this with a school in USA
        sometime back and it worked wonders... what about taking it further?

        I am game for whatever we could come up with!

        I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a shot?

        Let me know anyone interested!

        Blue

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        5b9ff6d.jpg
        5b9ff83.jpg

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
      • Ken Rohrer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 27, 2002
          Blue,
          We tried doing this years ago on:
          http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artlinks.html

          It became hard to keep up with the links and they
          always changed all the time. Let me know if you have
          any other ideas.
          Ken

          --- bluestarkid <charlotc@...> wrote:
          > Ever considered somehow getting together and working
          > on something
          > that could link us, our students, our schools and
          > our respective
          > countries together? I did something like this with a
          > school in USA
          > sometime back and it worked wonders... what about
          > taking it further?
          >
          > I am game for whatever we could come up with!
          >
          > I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a
          > shot?
          >
          > Let me know anyone interested!
          >
          > Blue

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        • Philip Callow
          Message 4 of 11 , May 28, 2002
            I have wanted to produce a collaborative project with another school since
            early 2000, making use of the internet to exchange ideas, information and
            images perhaps resulting in a joint electronic collage. I have a number of
            ideas about how this could be achieved and possible starting points.
            I am Head of Art in a large 11- 18 school in England and would like to hear
            from anybody who wanted to be involved in such a venture..
            My website of my own work and students work in electronic media can be
            accessed at
            www.pcallow.freeserve.co.uk

            email philip@...

            > It became hard to keep up with the links and they
            > always changed all the time. Let me know if you have
            > any other ideas.
            > Ken
            >
            > --- bluestarkid <charlotc@...> wrote:
            > > Ever considered somehow getting together and working
            > > on something
            > > that could link us, our students, our schools and
            > > our respective
            > > countries together? I did something like this with a
            > > school in USA
            > > sometime back and it worked wonders... what about
            > > taking it further?
            > >
            > > I am game for whatever we could come up with!
            > >
            > > I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a
            > > shot?
            > >
            > > Let me know anyone interested!
            > >
            > > Blue

          • bluestarkid
            Message 5 of 11 , May 30, 2002
              Hi again everyone and thanks to those of you who accepted my invite.
              There are about 8 of us so far and I am more than keen to get to work
              on this project.

              Let me explain in a little bit more detail. What I am after is
              getting a group of like minded art teachers together. Then we could
              have an e-brainstorming session and see what ideas each of us could
              come up with and at the end of it we could have a site featuring
              works from the various schools, or some kind of travelling
              exhibition, or whatever we manage to come up with. I realise it is an
              ambitious project but I am ready to give it a shot. If you would like
              to join the venture, please let me know as soon as possible.

              Blue
            • Wayong@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                I would be interested in this Web project. However, being still jobless & not sure if I'll find a job that will allow me incorprate the arts (I'm trying to find a special ed job but the jobmarket here is practically nil!!!). Will let you know if I'm able to do this. Let me know how this progresses either way.

                BTW, does anyone know if there is anyway I can convince a special ed placement to do art? The area I live in (Colorado) isn't very keen for art for art's sake. I would somehow have to convince someone to hire me & then figure how I can incorporate visual techniques through IEP goals. I have plenty experience teaching art workshops & working with special needs kids but haven't taught other subjects.

                I would get an art teaching job or something in mental health, but the jobs are super limited & often given to 'friends'.

                Wayong
              • Jennifer Auble
                Message 7 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                  I like the idea of a art exhibit web site - let me know what happens
                  J.
                  aublej@...

                  >>> charlotc@... 05/30/02 16:24 PM >>>

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                    What you describe sounds a lot like art therapy. Have
                    you considered that?
                    Ken
                    -------

                  • StudioAnaMaria@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 7, 2002
                      Blue:

                      I teach in a middle school and it sounds like something I would be interested
                      in doing with my kids.
                      Let me know.
                      Anny
                    • Mcarsart@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 15, 2002
                        My name is Marcia Carson, and I'm President of the Art Education Association
                        of Indiana. I teach high school art in far NW Indiana, just a few blocks
                        outside of Chicago. I am definitely interested in this idea. I will be out of
                        town, however, from June 17 through July 13. Please keep me informed, and
                        hopefully I will be able to join you.