Something crazy but it could be worth thinking about...

  • bluestarkid
    Message 1 of 11 , May 24, 2002
      Ever considered somehow getting together and working on something
      that could link us, our students, our schools and our respective
      countries together? I did something like this with a school in USA
      sometime back and it worked wonders... what about taking it further?

      I am game for whatever we could come up with!

      I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a shot?

      Let me know anyone interested!

      Blue
    • ARTSWIM@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , May 24, 2002
        dear blue
        I am interested
        becky
      • Mary Kate McKinley
        Message 3 of 11 , May 25, 2002
          Let's Do It!!!
                   -Mary Kate!

          At 03:15 AM Saturday 5/25/2002 +0000, you wrote:

          Ever considered somehow getting together and working on something
          that could link us, our students, our schools and our respective
          countries together? I did something like this with a school in USA
          sometime back and it worked wonders... what about taking it further?

          I am game for whatever we could come up with!

          I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a shot?

          Let me know anyone interested!

          Blue

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          5b9ff6d.jpg
          5b9ff83.jpg

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
        • Ken Rohrer
          Message 4 of 11 , May 27, 2002
            Blue,
            We tried doing this years ago on:
            http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artlinks.html

            It became hard to keep up with the links and they
            always changed all the time. Let me know if you have
            any other ideas.
            Ken

            --- bluestarkid <charlotc@...> wrote:
            > Ever considered somehow getting together and working
            > on something
            > that could link us, our students, our schools and
            > our respective
            > countries together? I did something like this with a
            > school in USA
            > sometime back and it worked wonders... what about
            > taking it further?
            >
            > I am game for whatever we could come up with!
            >
            > I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a
            > shot?
            >
            > Let me know anyone interested!
            >
            > Blue

            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • Philip Callow
            Message 5 of 11 , May 28, 2002
              I have wanted to produce a collaborative project with another school since
              early 2000, making use of the internet to exchange ideas, information and
              images perhaps resulting in a joint electronic collage. I have a number of
              ideas about how this could be achieved and possible starting points.
              I am Head of Art in a large 11- 18 school in England and would like to hear
              from anybody who wanted to be involved in such a venture..
              My website of my own work and students work in electronic media can be
              accessed at
              www.pcallow.freeserve.co.uk

              email philip@...

              > It became hard to keep up with the links and they
              > always changed all the time. Let me know if you have
              > any other ideas.
              > Ken
              >
              > --- bluestarkid <charlotc@...> wrote:
              > > Ever considered somehow getting together and working
              > > on something
              > > that could link us, our students, our schools and
              > > our respective
              > > countries together? I did something like this with a
              > > school in USA
              > > sometime back and it worked wonders... what about
              > > taking it further?
              > >
              > > I am game for whatever we could come up with!
              > >
              > > I know it sounds crazy but how about giving it a
              > > shot?
              > >
              > > Let me know anyone interested!
              > >
              > > Blue

            • bluestarkid
              Message 6 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                Hi again everyone and thanks to those of you who accepted my invite.
                There are about 8 of us so far and I am more than keen to get to work
                on this project.

                Let me explain in a little bit more detail. What I am after is
                getting a group of like minded art teachers together. Then we could
                have an e-brainstorming session and see what ideas each of us could
                come up with and at the end of it we could have a site featuring
                works from the various schools, or some kind of travelling
                exhibition, or whatever we manage to come up with. I realise it is an
                ambitious project but I am ready to give it a shot. If you would like
                to join the venture, please let me know as soon as possible.

                Blue
              • Wayong@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                  I would be interested in this Web project. However, being still jobless & not sure if I'll find a job that will allow me incorprate the arts (I'm trying to find a special ed job but the jobmarket here is practically nil!!!). Will let you know if I'm able to do this. Let me know how this progresses either way.

                  BTW, does anyone know if there is anyway I can convince a special ed placement to do art? The area I live in (Colorado) isn't very keen for art for art's sake. I would somehow have to convince someone to hire me & then figure how I can incorporate visual techniques through IEP goals. I have plenty experience teaching art workshops & working with special needs kids but haven't taught other subjects.

                  I would get an art teaching job or something in mental health, but the jobs are super limited & often given to 'friends'.

                  Wayong
                • Jennifer Auble
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                    I like the idea of a art exhibit web site - let me know what happens
                    J.
                    aublej@...

                    >>> charlotc@... 05/30/02 16:24 PM >>>

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                      What you describe sounds a lot like art therapy. Have
                      you considered that?
                      Ken
                      -------

                    • StudioAnaMaria@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 7, 2002
                        Blue:

                        I teach in a middle school and it sounds like something I would be interested
                        in doing with my kids.
                        Let me know.
                        Anny
                      • Mcarsart@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 15, 2002
                          My name is Marcia Carson, and I'm President of the Art Education Association
                          of Indiana. I teach high school art in far NW Indiana, just a few blocks
                          outside of Chicago. I am definitely interested in this idea. I will be out of
                          town, however, from June 17 through July 13. Please keep me informed, and
                          hopefully I will be able to join you.