Re: Etsy.com....do you know about it?

  • Molliy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
      In my school- kids have a list from their regular classroom teachers
      that have all the basics. Although in my room, I have table baskets
      that hold the basics as well. I have 6 tables. Each table starts with
      one box of markers, left over crayons from years and 5 containers of
      glue. Then I have supply drawers near my desk, that they can borrow
      scissors, pencils, rulers, tape, extra staplers, compasses, protractprs
      and erasers. ( These tend to walk off easier, so I keep them near me.
      The kids tend to forget I have them up there, but just incase someone
      neeeds one, it's there for them.) The only thing I request as the art
      teacher is that each student brings a white spiral bound sketchbook.

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" <draw.art@...> wrote:

      > Etsy shops are a great idea but I have found that people sell their
      items soooo cheaply- especially alot of the jewelry. It's hard to
      compete when artists on the site sell that way. Also, you've got to
      work to drive people your way. Investing time. To cultivate people who
      will look at your work let alone buy it...the work goes off the site
      after a few months, I forget how many.But it is a venue and it does
      provide paypal and that's pretty good in itself.