More on etsy

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 6:33 AM
      Yes, your thumbnail images stay up for 4 months for 20 cents.  At the end of that time, they come down but go into some backstage area where you can easily re-up them without going through a lot of process.  So I hear.  We've only had our site 3 days.  I see a lot of people who are selling cheaply, that's for sure.  But I want to try this as a personal gallery space where I can also sell.  We'll see.  It sure is low overhead, especially with something like photography.  I don't have to keep an inventory, other than the images in my computer.  Everything can be ordered on demand.  That's hard to beat.  We'll see.  So far, tons of lookers.  I see a number of people selling really well, and they obviously advertise and promote their space.  I have not been involved with a gallery for about ten years.  I had the best experience with my first gallery and stayed with them for 10 years until they closed because the owner wanted to marry and then travel a lot.  I was spoiled rotten there with a fantastic rate of consignment, promotions etc.  I tried another one and had a bad experience, so we'll see how this goes.  I know I will have to advertise it some how.  I'll let you know how it goes in time.  It beats having a bunch of jpgs in my computer or printing and framing a bunch of work that might or might not sell.  Time will tell.

      Linda
      www.moonbirdhillarts.etsy.com