Middle School Final with the HOTS - Art Criticism Assessment

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      HOTS - Higher Order Thinking Skills

      This topic actually came up on both ArtsEducators list
      AND Getty at about the same time (in different ways).
      Here is an assessment tool Maggie Tucker uses with her
      7th graders:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final.htm

      And a student example for Edward Hopper:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final2.htm

      This has got to be a take home final (but I could be
      wrong. I just never had 7th grader who could write
      such well thought out answers in one period on the
      computer. This page was done very neatly on the
      computer).

      The 7th grade essays to come.... I just thought you
      might want to mull this over first.

      Thanks Maggie! I can tell your students Think Art.

      Judith

      =====
      Judith Decker
      Incredible Art Department