Re: [art_education] A whole school project!

  • Wayong@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 24, 2002
      I'm not sure if I'll have access to an overhead projector, but thanks anyway. I'm pretty good at imitating kids' art styles. It's not till next year so I have plenty of time.
    • Mcarsart@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 25, 2002
        I did a tile wall with nearly 1000 students! I purchased (with grant money)
        4" bisque tile, and each student and staff member had the opportunity to
        "leave their mark at Clark". We used underglazes, I fired them, and then I
        put on a clear glaze. It's really great, documents who was in the building
        (we did it in January of 2000) as we entered the new millennium. They still
        stand in front of the wall and check out the tiles.
      • Lynn Pass
        Message 3 of 13 , May 28, 2002
          --Hi,
          This is Lynn (I wrote about a mural project I did with 200 kids earlier). We didn't use an overhead. The kids did their original drawings and I transferred them to the wall with tracing paper (and made sure the drawings stayed in the student's style). Then the kids came down in manageble groups to paint them, which worked out very well.
          Lynn

          On Fri, 24 May 2002 18:39:41
          Wayong wrote:
          >I'm not sure if I'll have access to an overhead projector, but thanks anyway. I'm pretty good at imitating kids' art styles. It's not till next year so I have plenty of time.

          Outgrown your current e-mail service?
          Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
          http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus