Re: Your Own Art

  • Kieren Dutcher
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
      I am a freelance illustrator/graphic designer as well as a part time
      art teacher. I love combining quiet studio time with teaching in a
      classroom. Don't think I could do either one full time. I bring in my
      work to show my students, usually at the beginning of the year, and it
      seems to give me more credibility with the kids.

      My website:

      www.kierendutcher.com
      www.childrensillustrators.com

      Kieren
    • Barbara
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
        >Kieren,
        Love your children's illustrations. It looks as if you are quite busy.
        It takes a while as you know, for each graphic to load, so people have
        to be fairly patient to view your website. It was worth it.
        Barbara

        > My website:
        >
        > www.kierendutcher.com
        > www.childrensillustrators.com
        >
        > Kieren

      • proff246810
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 7, 2008
          Julie,

          I was able to download them to my Real Player. I didn't try it, but
          after that there is a burn function on the Real Player that should
          allow you to copy it to a disk.

          Good luck!
          Sharon

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "The Conley's " <conley@...> wrote:

          > Hey everybody!
          >

          > These paint explosion videos are so exciting! I would like to copy
          all of
          > them to a CD-- the original, how they made it, the spoof-so I could show
          > them in class. But I can't figure out how to copy them from youtube
          to a
          > disk. Could anyone give me some directions?
          >

          > Thanks,
          >

          > Julie in WV

        • christyvk
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
            Hello Everyone!!!

            I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

            Thanks in advance!!

            Christy
          • Mary Hering
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
              Hi Christy,

               The Incredible Art Education Resources has many!   http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm

              Mary

              I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

              Thanks in advance!!

              Christy

            • ednakate
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 2, 2009
                Hi Christy-
                I ask the students to tell me about themselves as artists. Here is my favorite quote from last year: "I am my own artist. I see the world beautifully because when I paint, I am able to feel all the colors I put on my paper" Danny grade 4
                Sounds like a fun project would love to see pictures.
                Alyssa

                -- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                > Hello Everyone!!!
                >
                > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                >
                > Thanks in advance!!
                >
                > Christy

              • bergiemoore
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 3, 2009
                  http://www.artquotes.net/

                  You gotta love google. I searched artist quote, adn his site wiht lots of great quote came up.
                  One I really like because it helped see being a famous artist as "more human" was be Warhol. He said "People tell me all the time that being an artist is great job. Why? I go to work, and I am there for 8-10 hours everday. Then I come home. How it is any different from any other job?" He also said this more concisely as " Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.", but I don't like that one as much.
                  Regards,
                  Brandy

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Everyone!!!
                  >
                  > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                  >
                  > Thanks in advance!!
                  >
                  > Christy

                • lindakg2
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                    --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Everyone!!!
                    >
                    > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance!!
                    >
                    > Christy

                    Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                    ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

                  • christyvk
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                      Thanks so much for all of the wonderful quotes!! I will definitely be using them!

                      Christy
                      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "lindakg2" <lindakg@...> wrote:

                      > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hello Everyone!!!
                      > >
                      > > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks in advance!!
                      > >
                      > > Christy
                      >
                      > Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                      > ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

                    • asmax35
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                        Ooooh!
                        Great idea!

                        Is there a way/ or a spot on this webpage that we could have folks post the art/artist quotes?? I would love to see them, maybe others would too?

                        If not, could I ask a few of you to send me your best quotes??

                        Thanks
                        And I hope everyone's school years are off to a great start!
                        Andrea Sisel
                        Minneapolis, MN

                      • iarcement@bellsouth.net
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                          I would love to see some more quotes, myself!  I'll try to add some as well.

                          Thanks so much,
                          Idus

                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                            Whoops,
                            Sorry all, I missed the great links to Art/artist quotes that you all had posted (and exist here) on this fantastic website. Ya!
                            Thanks!!
                            Andrea Sisel
                            Mpls., MN

                            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Mary Hering <maryh923@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Christy,
                            >

                            > The Incredible Art Education Resources has many! http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm
                            >
                            > Mary

                          • Kelli Wilke
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                              I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have my 7th graders write their own quote about art.  They design them and then I hang them all over my room.  Some quotes are the basic, "art is like a rainbow....full of color"  (I get that one A LOT!)  But some quotes are really amazing that the kids come up with..  Very insightful!  Great way to incorporate Language Arts too, because you can talk about metaphors, idioms, and adjectives.

                              Kelli in NE