NEW: Call for artists - A.I.R. International Artists Residencies- BUDAPEST, Hung

  • bszechy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2008
      NEW: Call for artists - A.I.R. International Artists Residencies-
      BUDAPEST, Hungary

      We are proud to announce that our residency/seminar program due to
      it's success has been expanded.

      The Hungarian Multicultural Center (HMC) is currently accepting
      applications for the Budapest -International Artist/Writer
      Residencies. The HMC invites interested visual artists, musicians,
      film makers and writers to submit application for its residencies program.

      1. Deadline (must be received) August 1, 2008
      for September - October AIR
      2. Deadline (must be received) September 15, 2008
      for November AIR
      3. Deadline (must be received) October 15, 2008
      for December - January AIR

      Residencies Dates
      1. Wednesday, September 24 - Tuesday, October 7, 2008
      Seminarium on September 26th

      2. Wednesday, November 5 - Tuesday, November 18, 2008
      Seminarium on November 5th

      3. Saturday, December 27 - Friday, January 9, 2008
      Seminarium on December 29 and 30th

      Great opportunity for artists: Culture is the true identity power. In
      this context the major role of the artists is to promote through art
      cultural diversity and preserve common values. Intercultural dialogue
      through art is an important instrument. Art is not a means - art is
      a space in which everything is possible, in which different times,
      subjects and objects, sometimes divergent, coexist. And not just
      coexist, but communicate and create values. Through art, culture,
      tolerance, initiating a dialogue among nations, among various artistic
      expressions, a real dialog among real people. Culture communicates in
      the language of heart, which is understood by everybody. For artists,
      communication is essential – both with the audience – the art
      consumer, and with representatives of national and international art
      groups.

      While HMC does not provide funding for residencies, we are helping to
      facilitate the creation of programs and support the costs of the
      exhibitions.

      For application form or questions please write to:
      Beata Veszely: veszelyb@... or
      Beata Szechy: bszechy@...

      www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com