Re: [art_education] need some help with paint videos

  • Barbara Naylor
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
      You should be able to use one of the converter sites and save it to you desktop and then burn it to a disk.

      I usually use...

      but I also have this site bookmarked...

      The first site can get busy.  Just keep trying and be patient.

      bn

      On Jul 4, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Tammy Pritchard wrote:

      Hi Julie!

      That's a great idea! I'm going to see if one of my sons can do the same. If they do I can mail you a copy.

      Tammy Pritchard (Beckley, WV)

      To: art_education@ yahoogroups. com
      From: conley@meer. net
      Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:03:47 -0400
      Subject: [art_education] need some help with paint videos

      Hey everybody!

      These paint explosion videos are so exciting!  I would like to copy all of them to a CD-- the original, how they made it, the spoof—so I could show them in class.  But I can’t figure out how to copy them from youtube to a disk.  Could anyone give me some directions?

      Thanks,

      Julie in WV

      It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.

    • Jennifer Millward
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
        Remembering the art quote topic from a few weeks ago, here is a website
        with tons of art-related quotes: http://quote.robertgenn.com/

        Jen in NY
      • Jennifer Millward
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
          Hello Group,
          I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in either personally
          or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student teaching
          experience always stressed the importance of creating art to keep my
          enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an oil painter
          but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell your own art? Do
          you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high school art
          teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along side his
          students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
          Does anyone have a website they would like to share which shows their art?
          Jen M. in NY
        • Larry Seiler
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
            I've been in galleries, online selling for a long time.

            Taught eight years, exited the teaching field when education did not
            want the artist as art teacher philosophy was on....painted full time
            for twelve years, then due to my wife's disability/illness got back
            into education, teaching K-12...

            Still working near as many hours (equivalent thus to two full time
            jobs) painting as an artist, and writing. I have one 307 page book
            out on painting the landscape, a dvd on painting waterfalls. Working
            on a book on how to paint painterly realism...and another DVD on
            painting plein air...

            I paint approximately 200 pieces per year.

            my sites...

            http://larryseiler.com
            http://larryseiler.blogspot.com

            imagekind-
            http://www.imagekind.com/GalleryProfile.aspx?gid=95bf09d2-f0df-492a-
            a38f-a005351a2bca

            Fine Art America
            http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/larry-seiler.html

            I also moderate eight forums on Wetcanvas.com which is a virtual
            community of 146,000 artists internationally.

            Guess you could say...not a lot of free time...but, my
            life...including time some would look to hobbies, vacations and so
            forth are all wrapped around art, art education, and art making...

            I am...yes, crazy...

            Larry
          • smjahnle@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
              Hi J

              In a message dated 7/4/2008 10:49:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jenmillward@... writes:
              Hello Group,
              I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in either personally
              or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student teaching
              experience always stressed the importance of creating art to keep my
              enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an oil painter
              but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell your own art? Do
              you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high school art
              teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along side his
              students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
              Does anyone have a website they would like to share which shows their art?
              Jen M. in NY

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:art_education-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:art_education-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • draw.art
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
                HI-
                I have seen some amazing art here  from links that teachers have posted to their work.  I agree that it is a great thing to be able to share your work with your students. I share mine when I am at am impasse with a piece.  They learn about the process from this. Hmmm...Could it go this way, or could it go that way? Talking about the different ways the piece could ultimatlely be worked is helpful to not only the artist but the art student as well. And I have found that type of talk enables the student to question their process as well.
                Barbara

                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/art_ education/ join
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:art_educatio n-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                    mailto:art_educatio n-fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                    http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              • Kelly Clark
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
                  Hi-
                  I actively show my photography and do freelance work, and I do feel like it helps me as a teacher...as well as continue to do figure drawing, have a painting studio, and take classes as much as I have time to (and money to!) I absolutely feel that it helps me as a teacher, because the kids can see how much I love it and actively do it- and the enthusiasm sells it.

                  My website is http://www.pbase.com/kc_artworks/portfolio

                  I personally love where I post my photos, because it's a network of other photographers who regularly give feedback to one another- I've met people from all over the world from pbase.

                  Cheers
                  Kelly

                  > I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in
                  > either personally
                  > or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student
                  > teaching
                  > experience always stressed the importance of creating art
                  > to keep my
                  > enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an
                  > oil painter
                  > but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell
                  > your own art? Do
                  > you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high
                  > school art
                  > teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along
                  > side his
                  > students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
                  > Does anyone have a website they would like to share which
                  > shows their art?
                  > Jen M. in NY

                • Robinson, Michael
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
                    I've had a website for a long time and but haven't been updating it. I plan to do that this summer. I also would like to get a blog going for myself and one for school artwork. What I have is www.shortyspix.com Barb your phone starts with 610 - I'm in 609 in S. Jersey. I teach in Cherry Hill, live in Collings Lakes, Atlantic County.
                    Michael Robinson
                    Art Teacher
                    Woodcrest Elementary
                    Paine Elementary
                    856 429 2058 x8231

                    I actively show my photography and do freelance work, and I do feel like it helps me as a teacher...as well as continue to do figure drawing, have a painting studio, and take classes as much as I have time to (and money to!) I absolutely feel that it helps me as a teacher, because the kids can see how much I love it and actively do it- and the enthusiasm sells it.

                    My website is http://www.pbase.com/kc_artworks/portfolio

                    I personally love where I post my photos, because it's a network of other photographers who regularly give feedback to one another- I've met people from all over the world from pbase.

                    Cheers
                    Kelly

                    > I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in
                    > either personally
                    > or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student
                    > teaching
                    > experience always stressed the importance of creating art
                    > to keep my
                    > enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an
                    > oil painter
                    > but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell
                    > your own art? Do
                    > you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high
                    > school art
                    > teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along
                    > side his
                    > students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
                    > Does anyone have a website they would like to share which
                    > shows their art?
                    > Jen M. in NY

                  • Kieren Dutcher
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
                      I am a freelance illustrator/graphic designer as well as a part time
                      art teacher. I love combining quiet studio time with teaching in a
                      classroom. Don't think I could do either one full time. I bring in my
                      work to show my students, usually at the beginning of the year, and it
                      seems to give me more credibility with the kids.

                      My website:

                      www.kierendutcher.com
                      www.childrensillustrators.com

                      Kieren
                    • Barbara
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
                        >Kieren,
                        Love your children's illustrations. It looks as if you are quite busy.
                        It takes a while as you know, for each graphic to load, so people have
                        to be fairly patient to view your website. It was worth it.
                        Barbara

                        > My website:
                        >
                        > www.kierendutcher.com
                        > www.childrensillustrators.com
                        >
                        > Kieren

                      • proff246810
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 7, 2008
                          Julie,

                          I was able to download them to my Real Player. I didn't try it, but
                          after that there is a burn function on the Real Player that should
                          allow you to copy it to a disk.

                          Good luck!
                          Sharon

                          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "The Conley's " <conley@...> wrote:

                          > Hey everybody!
                          >

                          > These paint explosion videos are so exciting! I would like to copy
                          all of
                          > them to a CD-- the original, how they made it, the spoof-so I could show
                          > them in class. But I can't figure out how to copy them from youtube
                          to a
                          > disk. Could anyone give me some directions?
                          >

                          > Thanks,
                          >

                          > Julie in WV

                        • christyvk
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
                            Hello Everyone!!!

                            I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

                            Thanks in advance!!

                            Christy
                          • Mary Hering
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
                              Hi Christy,

                               The Incredible Art Education Resources has many!   http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm

                              Mary

                              I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

                              Thanks in advance!!

                              Christy

                            • ednakate
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 2, 2009
                                Hi Christy-
                                I ask the students to tell me about themselves as artists. Here is my favorite quote from last year: "I am my own artist. I see the world beautifully because when I paint, I am able to feel all the colors I put on my paper" Danny grade 4
                                Sounds like a fun project would love to see pictures.
                                Alyssa

                                -- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                                > Hello Everyone!!!
                                >
                                > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                >
                                > Thanks in advance!!
                                >
                                > Christy

                              • bergiemoore
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 3, 2009
                                  http://www.artquotes.net/

                                  You gotta love google. I searched artist quote, adn his site wiht lots of great quote came up.
                                  One I really like because it helped see being a famous artist as "more human" was be Warhol. He said "People tell me all the time that being an artist is great job. Why? I go to work, and I am there for 8-10 hours everday. Then I come home. How it is any different from any other job?" He also said this more concisely as " Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.", but I don't like that one as much.
                                  Regards,
                                  Brandy

                                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                                  > Hello Everyone!!!
                                  >
                                  > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                  >
                                  > Thanks in advance!!
                                  >
                                  > Christy

                                • lindakg2
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                                    --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                                    > Hello Everyone!!!
                                    >
                                    > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks in advance!!
                                    >
                                    > Christy

                                    Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                                    ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

                                  • christyvk
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                                      Thanks so much for all of the wonderful quotes!! I will definitely be using them!

                                      Christy
                                      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "lindakg2" <lindakg@...> wrote:

                                      > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Hello Everyone!!!
                                      > >
                                      > > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                      > >
                                      > > Thanks in advance!!
                                      > >
                                      > > Christy
                                      >
                                      > Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                                      > ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

                                    • asmax35
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                        Ooooh!
                                        Great idea!

                                        Is there a way/ or a spot on this webpage that we could have folks post the art/artist quotes?? I would love to see them, maybe others would too?

                                        If not, could I ask a few of you to send me your best quotes??

                                        Thanks
                                        And I hope everyone's school years are off to a great start!
                                        Andrea Sisel
                                        Minneapolis, MN

                                      • iarcement@bellsouth.net
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                          I would love to see some more quotes, myself!  I'll try to add some as well.

                                          Thanks so much,
                                          Idus

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                            Whoops,
                                            Sorry all, I missed the great links to Art/artist quotes that you all had posted (and exist here) on this fantastic website. Ya!
                                            Thanks!!
                                            Andrea Sisel
                                            Mpls., MN

                                            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Mary Hering <maryh923@...> wrote:

                                            > Hi Christy,
                                            >

                                            > The Incredible Art Education Resources has many! http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm
                                            >
                                            > Mary

                                          • Kelli Wilke
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                              I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have my 7th graders write their own quote about art.  They design them and then I hang them all over my room.  Some quotes are the basic, "art is like a rainbow....full of color"  (I get that one A LOT!)  But some quotes are really amazing that the kids come up with..  Very insightful!  Great way to incorporate Language Arts too, because you can talk about metaphors, idioms, and adjectives.

                                              Kelli in NE