need some help with paint videos

  • The Conley's
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008

      Hey everybody!

      These paint explosion videos are so exciting!  I would like to copy all of them to a CD-- the original, how they made it, the spoof—so I could show them in class.  But I can’t figure out how to copy them from youtube to a disk.  Could anyone give me some directions?

      Thanks,

      Julie in WV

    • Tammy Pritchard
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
        Hi Julie!

        That's a great idea! I'm going to see if one of my sons can do the same. If they do I can mail you a copy.

        Tammy Pritchard (Beckley, WV)

        To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
        From: conley@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:03:47 -0400
        Subject: [art_education] need some help with paint videos

        Hey everybody!

        These paint explosion videos are so exciting!  I would like to copy all of them to a CD-- the original, how they made it, the spoof—so I could show them in class.  But I can’t figure out how to copy them from youtube to a disk.  Could anyone give me some directions?

        Thanks,

        Julie in WV

        It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
      • Barbara Naylor
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
          You should be able to use one of the converter sites and save it to you desktop and then burn it to a disk.

          I usually use...

          but I also have this site bookmarked...

          The first site can get busy.  Just keep trying and be patient.

          bn

          To: art_education@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
            Remembering the art quote topic from a few weeks ago, here is a website
            with tons of art-related quotes: http://quote.robertgenn.com/

            Jen in NY
          • Jennifer Millward
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 4, 2008
              Hello Group,
              I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in either personally
              or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student teaching
              experience always stressed the importance of creating art to keep my
              enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an oil painter
              but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell your own art? Do
              you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high school art
              teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along side his
              students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
              Does anyone have a website they would like to share which shows their art?
              Jen M. in NY
            • Larry Seiler
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
                I've been in galleries, online selling for a long time.

                Taught eight years, exited the teaching field when education did not
                want the artist as art teacher philosophy was on....painted full time
                for twelve years, then due to my wife's disability/illness got back
                into education, teaching K-12...

                Still working near as many hours (equivalent thus to two full time
                jobs) painting as an artist, and writing. I have one 307 page book
                out on painting the landscape, a dvd on painting waterfalls. Working
                on a book on how to paint painterly realism...and another DVD on
                painting plein air...

                I paint approximately 200 pieces per year.

                my sites...

                http://larryseiler.com
                http://larryseiler.blogspot.com

                imagekind-
                http://www.imagekind.com/GalleryProfile.aspx?gid=95bf09d2-f0df-492a-
                a38f-a005351a2bca

                Fine Art America
                http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/larry-seiler.html

                I also moderate eight forums on Wetcanvas.com which is a virtual
                community of 146,000 artists internationally.

                Guess you could say...not a lot of free time...but, my
                life...including time some would look to hobbies, vacations and so
                forth are all wrapped around art, art education, and art making...

                I am...yes, crazy...

                Larry
              • smjahnle@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
                  Hi J

                  In a message dated 7/4/2008 10:49:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jenmillward@... writes:
                  Hello Group,
                  I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in either personally
                  or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student teaching
                  experience always stressed the importance of creating art to keep my
                  enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an oil painter
                  but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell your own art? Do
                  you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high school art
                  teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along side his
                  students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
                  Does anyone have a website they would like to share which shows their art?
                  Jen M. in NY

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:art_education-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:art_education-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • draw.art
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
                    HI-
                    I have seen some amazing art here  from links that teachers have posted to their work.  I agree that it is a great thing to be able to share your work with your students. I share mine when I am at am impasse with a piece.  They learn about the process from this. Hmmm...Could it go this way, or could it go that way? Talking about the different ways the piece could ultimatlely be worked is helpful to not only the artist but the art student as well. And I have found that type of talk enables the student to question their process as well.
                    Barbara

                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/art_ education/ join
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        mailto:art_educatio n-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                        mailto:art_educatio n-fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                        http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                  • Kelly Clark
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 5, 2008
                      Hi-
                      I actively show my photography and do freelance work, and I do feel like it helps me as a teacher...as well as continue to do figure drawing, have a painting studio, and take classes as much as I have time to (and money to!) I absolutely feel that it helps me as a teacher, because the kids can see how much I love it and actively do it- and the enthusiasm sells it.

                      My website is http://www.pbase.com/kc_artworks/portfolio

                      I personally love where I post my photos, because it's a network of other photographers who regularly give feedback to one another- I've met people from all over the world from pbase.

                      Cheers
                      Kelly

                      > I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in
                      > either personally
                      > or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student
                      > teaching
                      > experience always stressed the importance of creating art
                      > to keep my
                      > enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an
                      > oil painter
                      > but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell
                      > your own art? Do
                      > you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high
                      > school art
                      > teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along
                      > side his
                      > students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
                      > Does anyone have a website they would like to share which
                      > shows their art?
                      > Jen M. in NY

                    • Robinson, Michael
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
                        I've had a website for a long time and but haven't been updating it. I plan to do that this summer. I also would like to get a blog going for myself and one for school artwork. What I have is www.shortyspix.com Barb your phone starts with 610 - I'm in 609 in S. Jersey. I teach in Cherry Hill, live in Collings Lakes, Atlantic County.
                        Michael Robinson
                        Art Teacher
                        Woodcrest Elementary
                        Paine Elementary
                        856 429 2058 x8231

                        I actively show my photography and do freelance work, and I do feel like it helps me as a teacher...as well as continue to do figure drawing, have a painting studio, and take classes as much as I have time to (and money to!) I absolutely feel that it helps me as a teacher, because the kids can see how much I love it and actively do it- and the enthusiasm sells it.

                        My website is http://www.pbase.com/kc_artworks/portfolio

                        I personally love where I post my photos, because it's a network of other photographers who regularly give feedback to one another- I've met people from all over the world from pbase.

                        Cheers
                        Kelly

                        > I am curious as to what types of artwork you dabble in
                        > either personally
                        > or professionally. My cooperating teacher from my student
                        > teaching
                        > experience always stressed the importance of creating art
                        > to keep my
                        > enthusiasm fresh and keep my creative side active. I am an
                        > oil painter
                        > but also love ceramics. How many of you create and sell
                        > your own art? Do
                        > you create artwork in your classroom or at home? One high
                        > school art
                        > teacher whom I observed worked on his paintings right along
                        > side his
                        > students. I think he was a good role model for doing so.
                        > Does anyone have a website they would like to share which
                        > shows their art?
                        > Jen M. in NY

                      • Kieren Dutcher
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
                          I am a freelance illustrator/graphic designer as well as a part time
                          art teacher. I love combining quiet studio time with teaching in a
                          classroom. Don't think I could do either one full time. I bring in my
                          work to show my students, usually at the beginning of the year, and it
                          seems to give me more credibility with the kids.

                          My website:

                          www.kierendutcher.com
                          www.childrensillustrators.com

                          Kieren
                        • Barbara
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 6, 2008
                            >Kieren,
                            Love your children's illustrations. It looks as if you are quite busy.
                            It takes a while as you know, for each graphic to load, so people have
                            to be fairly patient to view your website. It was worth it.
                            Barbara

                            > My website:
                            >
                            > www.kierendutcher.com
                            > www.childrensillustrators.com
                            >
                            > Kieren

                          • proff246810
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 7, 2008
                              Julie,

                              I was able to download them to my Real Player. I didn't try it, but
                              after that there is a burn function on the Real Player that should
                              allow you to copy it to a disk.

                              Good luck!
                              Sharon

                              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "The Conley's " <conley@...> wrote:

                              > Hey everybody!
                              >

                              > These paint explosion videos are so exciting! I would like to copy
                              all of
                              > them to a CD-- the original, how they made it, the spoof-so I could show
                              > them in class. But I can't figure out how to copy them from youtube
                              to a
                              > disk. Could anyone give me some directions?
                              >

                              > Thanks,
                              >

                              > Julie in WV

                            • christyvk
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
                                Hello Everyone!!!

                                I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

                                Thanks in advance!!

                                Christy
                              • Mary Hering
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
                                  Hi Christy,

                                   The Incredible Art Education Resources has many!   http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm

                                  Mary

                                  I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

                                  Thanks in advance!!

                                  Christy

                                • ednakate
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 2, 2009
                                    Hi Christy-
                                    I ask the students to tell me about themselves as artists. Here is my favorite quote from last year: "I am my own artist. I see the world beautifully because when I paint, I am able to feel all the colors I put on my paper" Danny grade 4
                                    Sounds like a fun project would love to see pictures.
                                    Alyssa

                                    -- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                                    > Hello Everyone!!!
                                    >
                                    > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks in advance!!
                                    >
                                    > Christy

                                  • bergiemoore
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 3, 2009
                                      http://www.artquotes.net/

                                      You gotta love google. I searched artist quote, adn his site wiht lots of great quote came up.
                                      One I really like because it helped see being a famous artist as "more human" was be Warhol. He said "People tell me all the time that being an artist is great job. Why? I go to work, and I am there for 8-10 hours everday. Then I come home. How it is any different from any other job?" He also said this more concisely as " Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.", but I don't like that one as much.
                                      Regards,
                                      Brandy

                                      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                                      > Hello Everyone!!!
                                      >
                                      > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks in advance!!
                                      >
                                      > Christy

                                    • lindakg2
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                                        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

                                        > Hello Everyone!!!
                                        >
                                        > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                        >
                                        > Thanks in advance!!
                                        >
                                        > Christy

                                        Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                                        ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

                                      • christyvk
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                                          Thanks so much for all of the wonderful quotes!! I will definitely be using them!

                                          Christy
                                          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "lindakg2" <lindakg@...> wrote:

                                          > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Hello Everyone!!!
                                          > >
                                          > > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                                          > >
                                          > > Thanks in advance!!
                                          > >
                                          > > Christy
                                          >
                                          > Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                                          > ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

                                        • asmax35
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                            Ooooh!
                                            Great idea!

                                            Is there a way/ or a spot on this webpage that we could have folks post the art/artist quotes?? I would love to see them, maybe others would too?

                                            If not, could I ask a few of you to send me your best quotes??

                                            Thanks
                                            And I hope everyone's school years are off to a great start!
                                            Andrea Sisel
                                            Minneapolis, MN

                                          • iarcement@bellsouth.net
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                              I would love to see some more quotes, myself!  I'll try to add some as well.

                                              Thanks so much,
                                              Idus

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                                Whoops,
                                                Sorry all, I missed the great links to Art/artist quotes that you all had posted (and exist here) on this fantastic website. Ya!
                                                Thanks!!
                                                Andrea Sisel
                                                Mpls., MN

                                                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Mary Hering <maryh923@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi Christy,
                                                >

                                                > The Incredible Art Education Resources has many! http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm
                                                >
                                                > Mary

                                              • Kelli Wilke
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                                                  I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have my 7th graders write their own quote about art.  They design them and then I hang them all over my room.  Some quotes are the basic, "art is like a rainbow....full of color"  (I get that one A LOT!)  But some quotes are really amazing that the kids come up with..  Very insightful!  Great way to incorporate Language Arts too, because you can talk about metaphors, idioms, and adjectives.

                                                  Kelli in NE