Re: [art_education] Tempera Paint: Thank you!

  • kathie omalley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi,
      Instead of, or maybe in addition to cutting the erasers into stamps, use them as is. Stamp using the different edges of the eraser. When I read your post it got me thinking of a printing/stamping lesson I saw (probably on the Incr. Art Dept site!) where students use the edge of cardboard strips to design a cityscape. They dip the edge of cardboard in black paint and stamp out skyscrapers and large sheets of paper (24z36).
      Kathie.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, kathie omalley <kathieblanche@...> wrote:

        <<. When I read your post it got me thinking of a printing/stamping lesson I saw (probably
        on the Incr. Art Dept site!) where students use the edge of cardboard strips to design a
        cityscape. >>

        You can see this method in detail on Cathy Topal's site:

        http://www.smith.edu/twal/

        It is called "thinking with a line"

        kathy douglas
        k-3 massachusetts, retired