Re:wild west art activities

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008

      Hi,

      I have been holding summer camps for quite a few years here in India.

      I found that the children find it interesting when you make the subject activity oriented.

      You could collect images of typical wild west scenes and make a Power point presentaion to "Introduce" the subject to them.

      Then split up the group and give them topics to work on.

      Ask each group to work on a kind of research on the horse and its gear ( the saddle, etc).The various dresses that men and women wore during the wild west days.

      A nice collage of sample fabrics and a few sketches of the dresses.

      A sketch of a typical stage coach, would be so interesting.

      If you are permitted to try drama let the students put up a small skit ..so they learn to talk in the typical style that they used to speak, during the wild west days.

      Good Luck.

      Kamla

      Chennai,India.