Re: [art_education] Artsonia

  • Lauren
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3 8:14 AM
      I also use artsonia. My students love it, especially my 6th graders.
      I give them the permission form given by artsonia at the beginning of
      the year. It does have a place for the parents email address so they
      can get updates of the students work. This is also helpful to get
      your students fan club growing.

      www.artsonia.com/fertitta1

      --
      Lauren in Vegas
    • Larry Seiler
      Message 2 of 12 , May 4 4:37 AM
        Artsonia is the first online association I've had where I received a
        personal call at school from their people, wondering if everything on
        Artsonia was working alright for us, since they had noted it had been
        awhile since I uploaded more recent work. Teaching K-12...just told
        them I had been busy is all...end of year stuff especially.

        I was impressed with that!

        Larry
      • ednakate
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 6, 2010
          Not really sure if it's ok to post this but one of my students is up for artist of the week.
          I teach at a Title 1 school and it would be nice for all of us if he won. He is K-3 screen name: Max1893.
          Thanks,
          Alyssa
          San Diego
        • MaryAnn F. Kohl
          Message 4 of 12 , May 11 12:46 PM

            At the NAEA convention in Seattle in March, I spoke in depth with Artsonia's founder, Dave. I told him I'd be happy to mention Artsonia on our Art Educator Group email list. Artsonia is an online venue for art related things for teachers, parents, and kids and Dave is passionate about it.

            If you don't know about Artsonia, it's an online venue for your students to display their artwork.
            Arsonia has the largest children's online art gallery -- from 100 countries.
            Kids can participate in having their artworks voted for too, if that's of interest.
            It is possible to win online awards and honors, and so much more.
            They offer products and keepsakes imprinted with kids' artworks and you can keep a percentage of the sales$.
            You can receive state and national awards and honors.
            I like that you can share lesson plans with other art educators.
            It's ag reat website.

            I hope you'll visit the website and check it out, see if it meets some of your needs or the needs of your students or parents.

            MaryAnn

          • Byrd1956
            Message 5 of 12 , May 13 9:30 AM
              I too have been using Artsonia for many years....around 7 and love the site. I do all the picture taking, uploading, etc. I send a congratulatory letter to my student's parents with information on how to register, join fan clubs, make comments, etc. Once they do all these things, they e-mail me. I check the student's artsonia portfolio and then credit their grade a A. This extra full-blown grade is a motivator and the parents do the work, not the students, but I know many of the parents/students have 'bonding-time' while checking out their art portfolios. The students are also presented a certificate in class and we all clap and make a big deal out of it. Of course w/junior high kids sometimes I make a bigger deal than they do! The students are proud, the parents send me very positive comments and the extra $ for the art department isn't bad either. My sister and I went to a training Artsonia had several years ago in Chicago. It was great and free! The people at Artsonia are very nice, helpful and open to suggestions. Cheryl and I also loved having a mini-vacation together in that great city. The link to my school's online gallery is: