Re: Anyone teach K-10th grade?

  • Becky Aranyi
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2008

      I am not sure if I have specific questions – LOL.  Just wondering if there was anyone else out there that faced the unique challenges (and rewards) of teaching such a wide range of ages.  When other art teachers hear that I teach K-10 they cringe.

      I would love to hear how you have created an inviting environment for all of the grades in your classroom.  The younger students are really motivated by seeing the older students work.  The older students are also impressed with the younger students.

      I keep a curriculum book for each grade level (only two classes per grade level) with the following information:

      §         Syllabus (with parent contact information)

      §         Standard Course of Study (for the entire grade to integrate)

      §         Lesson Plans with samples

      §         Self Created Pacing Guide or overview of the 9 week class periods.

      §         Miscellaneous Information (other lesson plan ideas, etc.)

      Have a creative day,

      Becky

      becky.aranyi@...

      I have taught K-12 in a private school. I taught mixed grade levels (primary, upper elementary, middle and high school) and also some that spanned the whole range. -- Jennifer

      I teach k-11th, once a week to home schoolers in 5 different classes. Teaching only once a week has its unique challenges.  -- Brandy