Re: How much time?

  • marcia
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2008
      I teach K-6 at a private school. Our school is
      different from others in our schedule. Kids don't have
      a self-contained classroom, but they rotate to
      specialty teachers for each subject. It works out
      wonderful because they have special groupings for math
      and they are grouped by their ability level rather
      than grade level. Each period is 40 minutes long.
      (There are double periods of Language Arts/Social
      Studies.) Anyways... I see each class K-6 twice per
      week for 40 min. For me this is the perfect amount of
      time. I think a little bit longer for the older kids
      wouldn't be bad, but at the elementary level 40 min.
      is perfect for their attention span. The kids also
      have study halls a couple times a week where I can
      give them work to catch up on. Marcia in WI

      Be a better friend, newshound, and