Re:KILN... HELP!

  • faye barber
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
       I always fire student work over night on lw also before bringing it up to speed the next day.  I have noticed  that even bisque wae sucks up huge amounts of mosisure, and that certainly leads to  many problems.  In other words, I used to heat my glaze fire ( bisue ware for just an hour before going into the medium heat.  To be on the safe side now, I  even  fire the gazed things on low for four to 6 hours.  Green ware is overnight on low with all peep holes open and top  loading door wide open as well.

      Speaking of kilns... does anyone know anything about firing glass ... fusing etc, with a Skutt electic kiln.?  It has a cone sitter and timer but it doesn't tell me the temperature...and my budget doens't allow for  any more extra's.