RE: [art_education] Artsonia is transformational!

  • Kerri Gordon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2008
      I would love to get a version of the letter too!
      I am just starting on Artsonia:)
      Thanks:)!
      Kerri
      kerri_gordon@...

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2008
        Denise,

        I would love to get a copy of the reverse permission slip. I would
        appreciate it if you could email it to me also at proff246810@...

        Thank so much!
        Sharon

        > I use
        > > Judy Decker's idea of a "reverse permission slip" so to speak. The
        parents who
        > > DON'T want their children to participate return the slips.
        Otherwise, the
        > > letter states that they give their permission and that it covers
        their tenure
        > > at our school (pre-k through 5th). Now, I only have to hit that new
        > > Kindergarten class & I usually only get about 3 returned that say
        they cannot
        > > participate.
        > >
        > > I have a version of this letter if you are interested. BTW, my
        principal was
        > > completely behind this- the less paperwork, the better!
        > >
        > > Denise Pannell
        > >
        > > Apache Kids'Art now online!
        > > http://www.artsonia.com/schools/school.asp?id=36837
        > >
        > > http://natepannell.memory-of.com/
        > > "There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always
        be in my heart. Ghandi"

      • tricia_fuglestad
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2008
          The "reverse permission" permission slip is a cool idea-but one draw back.
          You can't register families without an email address. So it's out of your control. You have to
          ask families to find your gallery on Artsonia, register themselves, and then they will receive
          the email notifications that new artwork has been added to their student's portfolio.

          I do the permissions slips so that I can enter their email address. This way they get the
          notification with a link to their student's portfolio as soon as new artwork is uploaded. I think
          that makes for a lot more participation.

          But, more work at start up.

          Tricia