Re:cracked clay mug

  • optional
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
      The recipe for "clay glue" I believe it works for greenware and
      bisqueware - definitely greenware;
      mix equal parts vinegar and dry clay to a paste consistency, mend
      cracks and broken pieces then bisque.

      As for your description of the fabrication of the mug - not sure why
      they used vinegar at all in the first place (never heard of doing
      that) - the best method is scratch and slip - without slip the parts
      are bound to not adhere.
      Laura