Re: IPod

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008
      I did this project earlier this year, and all the iPod commercials are
      out there. You have to be specific in what you're searching for (u2
      ipod video, mary j blige ipod video, etc) Here's a good site:
      http://ipoor.org/ipod.html

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "tmwillis72" <tmwillis72@...> wrote:

      > Tricia,
      > This was great thanks so much. I read the article and noticed you
      > used a handout with the students. Would you be able to share that? I
      > am not sure if this is possible but would the PP fit in the groups
      > file folder? I ask because I am not sure what to put in the PP. I
      > have looked on line for the real apple ipod commercials and couldn't
      > find any. I want to shwo those to my students before they start
      > working on theirs.
      >

      > Thanks so much for these. I can't wait to do this with my kids.
      >

      > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "tricia_fuglestad"
      > <tricia_fuglestad@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Tammy,
      > >
      > > Here are some online resources for my iExpress project:
      > > http://artsed.wetpaint.com/page/iExpress+Project
      > > I have a powerpoint, but it's too big to email since it has movies
      > embedded.
      > >
      > > Tricia Fuglestad
      > >
      > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "tmwillis72" <tmwillis72@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I was hoping to do the ipod commercials with my 6th graders and
      > before
      > > > I reinvented the wheel I thought I would check to see if any has
      > this
      > > > written up or has a PowerPoint on it.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > > > Tammy

    • tricia_fuglestad
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008
        Tammy and (Anybody interested)

        I put all the resources including handouts, links, and the PowerPoint with movies on my
        website for you to download/reference.

        Here is how to find it:
        Go to my website (google "Dryden Art" or use this link)
        http://drydenart.notlong.com

        Click on "FugleExchange" from the right side list of pages.

        Tricia Fuglestad
      • Julie Casebourn
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008

          Check it out.  This site has a short video demonstrating how to use sound and notes as a drawing device on the computer.  The drawings end up looking like 3-d wire sculptures.  This would be a great resource for those that love combining interdisciplanary lessons from music, art and technology.  Once you enter the site you will need to click on the part that says Sonic Wire Sculpture above the photograph, in order to view the video; it's not too long, but VERY interesting.

          http://pitaru.com/sonicWireSculptor/framed/index.htm

        • tmwillis72
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008
            Tricia nad Jessica,
            I can't thank you enough for your responses. This is a great help. I
            know that my students would love this project and I do not have too --
            much experience in this.

            Thanks again.

            <tricia_fuglestad@...> wrote:

            > Tammy and (Anybody interested)
            >
            > I put all the resources including handouts, links, and the
            PowerPoint with movies on my
            > website for you to download/reference.
            >
            > Here is how to find it:
            > Go to my website (google "Dryden Art" or use this link)
            > http://drydenart.notlong.com
            >
            > Click on "FugleExchange" from the right side list of pages.
            >
            > Tricia Fuglestad

          • Lotte Petricone
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008
              Hi all,.

              Inspired by Tricia, I also did the ipod ads with my 8th grade art students.  We did a bit more with the backgrounds, since they are in the computer lab for two quarters using Photoshop, and I wanted them to learn a bit more about the program.  IT was a great hit with kids and the display has gotten rave reviews.  My lessons for this class are in webquest form, and some of the resources are available off the server. Those that are not, feel free to email me for them if you are interested.

              A few student examples are on the student work page (I haven't been too good about adding stuff this year - it's been busy!) http://www.ccsd.edu/ffms/Art/07-08.htm

              Thanks for a great lesson Tricia!

              Lotte