Re: [art_education] AP Art

  • Patricia Knott
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
      First
      for your course to be considered qualified YOU must submit a syllabus
      to the AP board that is approved. You can not just take over somebody
      else's class.
      There is plenty of information at the AP site as well as a list serve
      you can subscribe to devoted to AP issues.

      http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_studioart.html

      This a rigorous course requiring many works for portfolio submission
      that need to be college level. It is very important to understand the
      requirements for each art portfolio. And, a syllabus must be approved
      for each portfolio.
      It is very valuable to participate in any AP workshops or take the
      courses they administer to find out just what is involved.

      Patty

      On Mar 26, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Kelly Clark wrote:
      > Hello!
      > I was wondering if anyone here teaches AP art, and if
      > so, has any recommendations on projects/ suggestions
      > on time lines/ what's worked/not worked? I was asked
      > to take on the class and I'm very excited, albeit
      > scared...
      >
      > Any advice is appreciated!
      > Kelly

    • Kelly Clark
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
        Thank you Patty!
        Yes, I will be taking a workshop this spring and just
        beginning to work on a syllabus.
        Best,
        Kelly
        --- Patricia Knott <pknott_6@...> wrote:

        > First
        > for your course to be considered qualified YOU must
        > submit a syllabus
        > to the AP board that is approved. You can not just
        > take over somebody
        > else's class.
        > There is plenty of information at the AP site as
        > well as a list serve
        > you can subscribe to devoted to AP issues.

        http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_studioart.html

        > This a rigorous course requiring many works for
        > portfolio submission
        > that need to be college level. It is very important
        > to understand the
        > requirements for each art portfolio. And, a syllabus
        > must be approved
        > for each portfolio.
        > It is very valuable to participate in any AP
        > workshops or take the
        > courses they administer to find out just what is
        > involved.
        >
        > Patty
        >

        > On Mar 26, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Kelly Clark wrote:
        > > Hello!
        > > I was wondering if anyone here teaches AP art, and
        > if
        > > so, has any recommendations on projects/
        > suggestions
        > > on time lines/ what's worked/not worked? I was
        > asked
        > > to take on the class and I'm very excited, albeit
        > > scared...
        > >
        > > Any advice is appreciated!
        > > Kelly

      • gabriela
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 28, 2008
          Hi Amber,
          I am a little concerned because I dont know yet if I will teach this AP
          course too... maybe the other art teacher will, but please let meknow
          about the info that you get because if I know if I willteach this AP
          course, I will know starting the school year... and I know very little
          about this kind of courses... please share with me anything about it.
          thanks!
        • gabriela
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 28, 2008
            patty, could I please have this website ... the AP Board is part of our
            school board or which board? thanks for your advice.
            gleal
          • BrendaR
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 14, 2012
              Does a teacher have to be certified to teach ap art?
            • Smull, Lorraine
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 15, 2012
                No, my husband teaches AP Studio art and AP Art History and works in a private school and is not certified.
                On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:40 PM, BrendaR wrote:

                Does a teacher have to be certified to teach ap art?

              • brenda robson
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 15, 2012
                  Super, thanks!

                  Brenda Robson

                  On Oct 15, 2012, at 9:35 AM, "Smull, Lorraine" <lorismull@...> wrote:

                  No, my husband teaches AP Studio art and AP Art History and works in a private school and is not certified.

                  On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:40 PM, BrendaR wrote:

                  Does a teacher have to be certified to teach ap art?

                • Frank Ayala

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 16, 2012
                          Hi,
                          What is AP art? we dont have this terminology here.Maybe a different one is used to teach the same subject.

                          Kamla
                          Chennai,India