AP Art

  • Kelly Clark
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
      Hello!
      I was wondering if anyone here teaches AP art, and if
      so, has any recommendations on projects/ suggestions
      on time lines/ what's worked/not worked? I was asked
      to take on the class and I'm very excited, albeit
      scared...

      Any advice is appreciated!
      Kelly
    • Patricia Knott
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
        First
        for your course to be considered qualified YOU must submit a syllabus
        to the AP board that is approved. You can not just take over somebody
        else's class.
        There is plenty of information at the AP site as well as a list serve
        you can subscribe to devoted to AP issues.

        http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_studioart.html

        This a rigorous course requiring many works for portfolio submission
        that need to be college level. It is very important to understand the
        requirements for each art portfolio. And, a syllabus must be approved
        for each portfolio.
        It is very valuable to participate in any AP workshops or take the
        courses they administer to find out just what is involved.

        Patty

        On Mar 26, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Kelly Clark wrote:
        > Hello!
        > I was wondering if anyone here teaches AP art, and if
        > so, has any recommendations on projects/ suggestions
        > on time lines/ what's worked/not worked? I was asked
        > to take on the class and I'm very excited, albeit
        > scared...
        >
        > Any advice is appreciated!
        > Kelly

      • Kelly Clark
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
          Thank you Patty!
          Yes, I will be taking a workshop this spring and just
          beginning to work on a syllabus.
          Best,
          Kelly
          --- Patricia Knott <pknott_6@...> wrote:

          > First
          > for your course to be considered qualified YOU must
          > submit a syllabus
          > to the AP board that is approved. You can not just
          > take over somebody
          > else's class.
          > There is plenty of information at the AP site as
          > well as a list serve
          > you can subscribe to devoted to AP issues.

          http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_studioart.html

          > This a rigorous course requiring many works for
          > portfolio submission
          > that need to be college level. It is very important
          > to understand the
          > requirements for each art portfolio. And, a syllabus
          > must be approved
          > for each portfolio.
          > It is very valuable to participate in any AP
          > workshops or take the
          > courses they administer to find out just what is
          > involved.
          >
          > Patty
          >

          > On Mar 26, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Kelly Clark wrote:
          > > Hello!
          > > I was wondering if anyone here teaches AP art, and
          > if
          > > so, has any recommendations on projects/
          > suggestions
          > > on time lines/ what's worked/not worked? I was
          > asked
          > > to take on the class and I'm very excited, albeit
          > > scared...
          > >
          > > Any advice is appreciated!
          > > Kelly

        • gabriela
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 28, 2008
            Hi Amber,
            I am a little concerned because I dont know yet if I will teach this AP
            course too... maybe the other art teacher will, but please let meknow
            about the info that you get because if I know if I willteach this AP
            course, I will know starting the school year... and I know very little
            about this kind of courses... please share with me anything about it.
            thanks!
          • gabriela
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 28, 2008
              patty, could I please have this website ... the AP Board is part of our
              school board or which board? thanks for your advice.
              gleal
            • BrendaR
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 14, 2012
                Does a teacher have to be certified to teach ap art?
              • Smull, Lorraine
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 15, 2012
                  No, my husband teaches AP Studio art and AP Art History and works in a private school and is not certified.
                  On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:40 PM, BrendaR wrote:

                  Does a teacher have to be certified to teach ap art?

                • brenda robson
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 15, 2012
                    Super, thanks!

                    Brenda Robson

                    On Oct 15, 2012, at 9:35 AM, "Smull, Lorraine" <lorismull@...> wrote:

                    No, my husband teaches AP Studio art and AP Art History and works in a private school and is not certified.

                    On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:40 PM, BrendaR wrote:

                    Does a teacher have to be certified to teach ap art?

                  • Frank Ayala

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 16, 2012
                            Hi,
                            What is AP art? we dont have this terminology here.Maybe a different one is used to teach the same subject.

                            Kamla
                            Chennai,India