Re: For Veteran Teachers Only!

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 22, 2008
      I think I shared this with the group a year or two ago, but IAD has a
      section for new teachers. It includes a link to this book and others.
      There is information on discipline and curriculum. The link is:

      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/toolbox.html

      Ken

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Robinson, Michael"
      <mrobinson@...> wrote:

      > I agree with Barbara. Another book to read (written for new teachers
      but good for anyone) is The First Days by Harry Wong. He also has a
      website. It might not help you a lot this year because much of it is
      about preparation - room layout, rehearsing procedures, etc. A very
      valuable book. One more on giving kids input is Frank McCourt's books.
      He taught English in a NY high school. His Teacher Man is not that
      good,(kinda short) but he has good teaching stories in Angela's ashes,
      and maybe some in 'Tis. I think you can get teacher man used very
      cheap. Angela's Ashes and 'Tis are just excellent memoir style books.