Re: You Can Make Your Own Sock Dolls

  • heidi_home72
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      The sock dolls that you see at
      http://www.amonco.org/sockdoll1.pdf and http://www.amonco.org/sockdoll.pdf were
      made by my mother. She has suffered from severe colitis and osteoporosis since 1999
      and spends most of her time in bed.

      She has been in and out of hospice since 2005. For the last four months, to the surprise
      of her physicians, she has been feeling somewhat better. She is still pretty much
      bedridden, so when she is up and sitting at the table, I encouraged her to start making
      sock dolls once again.

      Last January, she suffered another stroke which left her with temporary aphasia. It's
      remarkable that now, fourteen months later, she has recovered about 90% of her speech
      and can sit and make these dolls.

      I hope that many on this list enjoy the free information about the sock dolls.

      Blessings to all,

      Heidi
      http://www.amonco.org

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "puttly4" <putnamfamilysouthboston@...>