Re: [art_education] runny glazes

  • andy rohde
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2008
      are they amaco runny glaze????

      b/c if it is .. it will still do that..

      andy

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jessica
      Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:19 PM
      Subject: [art_education] runny glazes

      Hi all,

      I'm having a huge problem with my glazes running all over the kiln
      when fired. I've been checking the work, and the projects do not have
      too much glaze on them. I don't think they are too watered-down,
      although I did add a little water to the glazes that were dried out.
      We're firing the same way we did last year, and cannot figure out why
      they are so runny! It seems to be mostly our blues/turquoise
      colors... They are Amaco glazes, fired to cone 05.

      Any thoughts?

      Thanks!
      jessica

    • aliteachesart
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
        I glaze fire at 04, do you think that might help? ALi
      • Jessica
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
          They aren't the amaco runny glazes- mostly just the basic lead-free
          colors. They also say to fire to cone 05...although we could try
          firing at 04...

          Thanks for the thoughts so far!
          jessica
        • piketeach@aol.com