Re: You Can Make Your Own Sock Dolls

  • puttly4
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      Seeing this reminded me of John Murphy's great book about making Sock
      Creatures. I bought one for my daughter this year and we were both
      hooked. There are no socks left.
      Here is a page with his creations. You do not need to buy anything to
      visit the site. They are inspiring and a great idea for creating in
      art classes.
      http://www.stupidcreatures.com/gallery.html
      Also, my school art site address has changed because of domain
      problems:
      http://www.gateofheavenschool.net/artroom_main_page.htm
    • heidi_home72
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        The sock dolls that you see at
        http://www.amonco.org/sockdoll1.pdf and http://www.amonco.org/sockdoll.pdf were
        made by my mother. She has suffered from severe colitis and osteoporosis since 1999
        and spends most of her time in bed.

        She has been in and out of hospice since 2005. For the last four months, to the surprise
        of her physicians, she has been feeling somewhat better. She is still pretty much
        bedridden, so when she is up and sitting at the table, I encouraged her to start making
        sock dolls once again.

        Last January, she suffered another stroke which left her with temporary aphasia. It's
        remarkable that now, fourteen months later, she has recovered about 90% of her speech
        and can sit and make these dolls.

        I hope that many on this list enjoy the free information about the sock dolls.

        Blessings to all,

        Heidi
        http://www.amonco.org

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "puttly4" <putnamfamilysouthboston@...>