RE: [art_education] Re Elmo

  • Hillmer, Jan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008

      What brands of Elmos are being discussed?

      I have seen one at our school but it has a delay which I find annoying to watch.  I’d like to know what brands have little or no delay and are reliable.

      Jan in Tampa

      I have an Elmo and love it.  I have the screen behind me and just focus on my lesson under the camera.

    • Linda
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        I do not offhand know the model number of my Elmo.  Mine does have a slight delay.  I do not look at the screen when I use it, except to check for location under the camera, focus, etc.  I just trust that the picture of my demo is happening and have asked the kids to let me know if I ever go out of range.  I do not miss looking at the screen while I am working at all, and actually think even if there was NOT a slight delay, looking at the screen while I am demonstrating would be distracting to me.  The bottom line is that the kids see the action fine, it's not jumpy or skippy.  You can also adjust the view for a closeup, and you can adjust the lens for the existing light.  I know we spent close to 900.00 on ours.  A video camera is less expensive.  However, I don't have to tiptoe around a tripod or worry about kids tipping over a tripod and camera.  How do those of you who use a video cam for demos handle the tripod issues?

        Linda