Re: [***] [art_education] Need ideas for papier mache project

  • David Exner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      In the past I have used alum to prevent mold from growing in homemade salt and flour "clay recipes"; I've never had a mold problem with it.  It may help in your case.  My suspicion is that the oil of peppermint may only mask the mold's smell.  If you have already found mold on existing projects you may be able to kill it by baking.  We have an old range in our art room which we use for all non-food baking and boiling.

      Good luck.

      Peace,
      David Exner
      Community High School, District 94
      West Chicago, IL

      We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. Winston Churchill

      David G. Exner, Community High School,District 94, WestChicago
      (630)876-6407