Re: Looking for Anthropomorphic Artist

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
      My favorite is Giuseppe Arcimboldo (Italian, c. 1530 - 1593),( The
      Vegetable Gardener, a reversible oil painting) This particular piece
      is a cool because it's reversible. He makes people into vegetables
      and was popular during his lifetime. It's nice to know that people
      have always had a sense of humor in art. It's also a stunning
      contrast to compare this piece with other stuffy academic pieces being
      some during the time.
      Regards,
      Brandy