Re: QUICK QUESTION! Help...Substitute black tempera for ink

  • Joan Maresh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      Adding detergent to tempera paint helps adhere it to the waxy surface of crayons  I would experiment with a scrap of paper with the same media before having class do it. You could substitute black tempera for the black ink.

      "To insure that paint adheres to the surface, add detergent to the tempera before painting (1T. to a pint of tempera).  An alternative solution is to run your brush over a bar of soap before applying to waxed surface."(   excerpt from Scratching the Surface lesson in Art Class Notes).

      Hope this helps,
      Joan