Re: [art_education] Spam Mail

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21 8:31 PM
      Good luck! I have about 6 separate e-mail accounts. I
      have one for list groups, one for work, one for
      personal, one for junk mail, etc. The personal one I
      haven't advertised anywhere except with friends and
      relatives. In spite of this, that account is receiving
      around 10 spams now a day. What these spammers do is
      send mail with every conceivable combination of names
      and letters to a domain. The ones that don't bounce
      are considered ligitimate addresses and then are fair
      game. They then resell the address. The worst thing
      you could do is reply to them.
      Ken
      --- bluestarkid <charlotc@...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone!
      >
      > And welcome picassoboyz...
      >
      > These days I am literally being invaded by spam mail
      > and reading the
      > last few posts I started wondering if it could be
      > that whoever is
      > sending out these emails is using the groups to
      > access email
      > accounts. Anyone experiencing the same problems? Any
      > suggestions
      > apart from blocking the senders?
      >
      > Hope everyone is keeping well!
      >
      > Blue