Re: Art Shows

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "jeffpridie" <jeffpridie@...> wrote:

      > Some questions to ask yourself when setting up a Student Art Show:

      EXCELLENT questions, Jeff.

      May I add one more?
      What will students learn in the preparation, viewing and processing of the show? This is one
      of the most intense learning opportunities for art students if they are involved in all the
      steps.

      kathy douglas
      k-3 massachusetts TAB, retired
    • Jeff Pridie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
        Kathy,

        Back at you with an Excellent addition.

        Students really do need to understand the process of
        preparing for an Art Show from selection of the work,
        how it is presented, why it is grouped the way it is,
        comparing and contrasting their work with others, how
        their work looks in a large arena of other like works,
        what they need to look for in this large presentation,
        how the work looks different from sitting in front of
        them to being hung up, matted etc. As Kathy said it
        is a teachable moment that sometimes gets lost in
        striving for a "perfect" Art Show.

        Jeff (Minnesota)

        > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "jeffpridie"
        > <jeffpridie@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Some questions to ask yourself when setting up a
        > Student Art Show:
        >
        > EXCELLENT questions, Jeff.
        >
        > May I add one more?
        > What will students learn in the preparation, viewing
        > and processing of the show? This is one
        > of the most intense learning opportunities for art
        > students if they are involved in all the
        > steps.
        >
        > kathy douglas
        > k-3 massachusetts TAB, retired
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TAB-ChoiceArtEd/