Re: Warm Up Exercises Question

  • wmvanhorn
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2008
      This may work as a closure sometimes:

      I have a powerpoint with a wide collection of artwork. When I find myself with some free
      time and not wanting to start the next project until the next day, I'll show some slides and
      have the students tell me what they see. At first, I get them to just describe the artwork,
      then they can talk about what they think the art means, with their descriptions as
      evidence. Students usually enjoy this activity and actually get the gist of the work even
      when they do not know the artist or the historical background to it.

      William Van Horn