Leave NO TEACHER behiind

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2003
      Dan Posted this link to ArrtsEducators....It is an
      interesting concept....Give those who go into teaching
      a tax break. How about forgiving government loans if
      the recipient teaches for a minimum of five years (I
      think they already do forgive some if the recipient
      teaches inner city - but I could be mistaken). Dan has
      found that the "best and brightest" are not going into
      education (but we knew that). He found that he was
      only one of eight who could answer some basic
      knowledge questions about certain works of art (Ohio
      has a Praxis exam for certification). Dan is an
      exceptional person -and will be an exceptional
      teacher. He has posted to this list in the past.

      From Dan Cherney:

      I also wanted to send a link from a recent newspaper
      article that says some very interesting things. While
      I never really expect such things to happen, it is
      still fun to think about. Maybe even print out the
      story and 'conveniently' hang it up in an 'important
      spot' on parent-teacher night. we need to keep the
      public AWARE of what goes on in the world of teachers!
      Here is the link to this very well-written and
      interesting newspaper story:

      http://tinyurl.com/w9cy

      http://www.sites4teachers.com/links/redirect.php?url=http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/opinion/7307334.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

      Have a MARVELOUS Monday!