Spam Mail

  • bluestarkid
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2002
      Hello everyone!

      And welcome picassoboyz...

      These days I am literally being invaded by spam mail and reading the
      last few posts I started wondering if it could be that whoever is
      sending out these emails is using the groups to access email
      accounts. Anyone experiencing the same problems? Any suggestions
      apart from blocking the senders?

      Hope everyone is keeping well!

      Blue
    • Ken Rohrer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2002
        Good luck! I have about 6 separate e-mail accounts. I
        have one for list groups, one for work, one for
        personal, one for junk mail, etc. The personal one I
        haven't advertised anywhere except with friends and
        relatives. In spite of this, that account is receiving
        around 10 spams now a day. What these spammers do is
        send mail with every conceivable combination of names
        and letters to a domain. The ones that don't bounce
        are considered ligitimate addresses and then are fair
        game. They then resell the address. The worst thing
        you could do is reply to them.
        Ken
        --- bluestarkid <charlotc@...> wrote:
        > Hello everyone!
        >
        > And welcome picassoboyz...
        >
        > These days I am literally being invaded by spam mail
        > and reading the
        > last few posts I started wondering if it could be
        > that whoever is
        > sending out these emails is using the groups to
        > access email
        > accounts. Anyone experiencing the same problems? Any
        > suggestions
        > apart from blocking the senders?
        >
        > Hope everyone is keeping well!
        >
        > Blue