Re: faux stained glass -photos posted

  • Cathy Gaul
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hi all,
      Here are some photos of my work with vinyl.
      There were a bunch of people who asked for photos. Some said they couldn't access the photos on our group page.

      Each picture has a detailed caption as to how we did these projects. This is a public album, you don't need to sign in or make an account or anything. I highly recommend Picasa as a photo organizing and editing software. It makes it real easy to keep track of your photos and best of all, it's FREE. The web album storage is huge, and easy to use.

      Please take note that this is vinyl, not plastic! I recommend using heavier vinyl, like 12 or 10 gauge. Shower curtains also work, but be sure it is crystal clear. Tablecloth covers are even better. I got them at a discount store for pretty cheap, maybe $5. or so for a 120"x60" piece that will cut apart to make a LOT of projects for the kids. Yes, the kids did take these home at the end of school, but they do fade in the sun. They can always recolor with permanent markers. I think if you have 20 packs of markers, that would be more than enough and can be used by all the classes without worrying about them running out of ink. I added LiquiMark big markers that we had from our school supply warehouse. They worked GREAT on the vinyl, but were a little sticky until they dried thoroughly. They aren't good for much else, anyway!

    • Laurie Reber
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2007
        Hi Everyone,

        I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your
        advice.

        Have a great day!

        Laurie

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?