beading loom-bracelets

  • draw.art
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hope someone out there can help- we have got some great beaded bracelets coming along using meat trays as a loom- we used thin black elastic as the warp, and strong black cotton thread as the weft.I foresee a problem- we want these to be continuous and to get off and on the wrist just by stretching the elastic. To take it off the loom and make it a circle do we (we have to avoid spilling all of the beads)take the strings one at a time and try to tie them together somehow?? Can we accomplish our mission by just carefully taking one side off gingerly and wefting the cotton thread over many rows-but what do we do with the elastic thread? I can send a pic to anyone who need to view it to provide some guidance- thanks very much in advance-
      Barbara