Re: Religious posts (for Joyce and all)

  • jdecker4art
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hi Joyce,

      May I ask - are you of Native American descent? Your last name
      appeals to me.

      Actually Joyce, it is my intent to get my message out to as many
      people as possible. I believe we all are "messengers" to some extent.
      I will continue to let folks know that my post will be about
      religion - and how it relates to art (which IS a topic art teachers
      need to consider). So many art teachers are not even aware that the
      work they are showing students is religious in nature (this is
      particularly the case with much Native American art and African
      art).

      I have tried to get this list interested in my "topics" by opening
      up Art4Peace. In over two years, I think I have only reached around
      40 members? and many of those are not list members on any art ed
      list. The archives of Art4Peace are filled with my ideas. There has
      been little participation by list members. I always get a response
      from folks on the art ed lists - usually thanking me for continuing
      to bring the topic up for discussion.

      To visit Art4Peace on the web, go to:

      I am just thrilled that Ken now is encouraging the discussion.
      Tolerance, respect and understanding of is so important.

      --- Joyce Rainwalker wrote:

      > Judy,
      >
      > If you wish to have more people visit your other list, you might
      > consider posting the link with words like, "religious content I
      think is important" as a tag. That way you have the best of both
      worlds - notifying the list of the content and avoiding religion (if
      that's your desire) on a list with another topic.