Re: [art_education] Re: RE:Thumbprint portrait

  • draw.art
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
      The artist Chuck Close did a fabulous portrait using thumbprints alone- using the grid method, he determines the darks and the  lights (i this case using black or lack of black alone). He  did many of them! Here's one if it will load. If it doesn't load try this link-
      And to think that his art continued after a debilitating aneurysm that put him in a wheelchair.Wow!   Barbara

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
        Chuck Close did a remarkable, and huge of course, portrait of a woman with all thumb prints.  It was in the National Gallery, may still be there.  You may be able to find this portrait on Artchives.
        Good luck and thanks for reminding me about this method of protraiture, I think I will give it a try with my students also!
        Diane