Re: Need Art Relating to Literature and Poems (Ekphrastic art)

  • julie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      i like grant wood's painting midnight ride of paul revere that can be tied to the longfellow poem,

      and i know the painting is available online...

      yes, i'm interested in this topic!

      :-) julie t.
      southern california

      On Nov 1, 2007, at 3:14 AM, art_education@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Dear Art Educators,

      It is time for me to come to the list for help (smile). I am looking
      for specific works of art relating to Literature and Poems (works that
      I can find on line - I am not going to the library to look up books).
      I have Demuth's "Number Five in Gold" (William Carlos Williams poem)
      and now have Quidor's Headless Horsemen.

      John Quidor, "The Headless Horseman Pursuing Ichabod Crane", 1858
      The Headless Horseman Pursuing Ichabod Crane - Speaking of Pictures Interactive

      I only want titles of works that I can find somewhere on line and am
      particularly interested in tie ins with American Literature/Poems.

      This is called Ekphrastic Art. I am researching this for my husband
      and for an ArtsEducators list member. I have Ekphrastic Art linked on
      my Comprehensive Arts page (but the images are no longer there). If
      you are interested in more on this topic, let me know.. I do have some
      links - but with not so famous works of art (I will have to see where
      I "stashed' them).

      ‹(•¿•)›