Two NEW Lesson Plans on Incredible Art Department (Elementary/MS)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear Art Educators,

      I got busy this month planning my church retreat and neglected to post
      these two new lesson plans. I was "in charge" of the whole event. I
      did a presentation on my altered books (tip ins) and have a group
      going at church that I am really excited about. Those of you who have
      done tip ins might want to think about starting one up at your church.
      You might be surprised with the enthusiasm. Great fun! I will share my
      tip in page with you soon (that is for another post).

      Elementary - Here is the Link for Julie Casebourn's Recycled Robots
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Julie-Robots.htm

      Middle School - Here is the link to Laurie Reber's Personal Identity Flip Flops
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Laurie-FFlops.htm

      I have Melissa Speelman's Flip Flops to add to this lesson page....
      and will get around to it sometime (smile).

      Sorry it took me so looooonnnnnnngggg to notify you all.

      Where have all the lessons gone? I know there hasn't been a lot of new
      lessons added. This is partially my fault. I have set the standards
      higher and am looking for certain things now. Lessons must have a
      focus on a "big idea" - I need to be able to determine the "essential
      understanding" - I need your lesson objectives and I need to be able
      to apply National Standards (for US since most visitors are from the
      US). I do not post all lessons that come to me to the site. I do send
      them all to the Lesson Plan Sharing Groups. More details to come on
      the Lesson Sharing Groups. Right now, I don't have time to open them
      back up again. If you have sent me a lesson and I have not posted it
      DO remind me. I did stash some away and haven't gotten to them yet. I
      know I have a very cool high school lesson I need to work on sacred
      art (yes!).

      For Marvin Bartel if you are reading.... Thanks for the suggestion to
      evaluate lessons. I do get less submissions this way - which gives me
      more time to make my own art now (smile). Still, the lessons I do ask
      folks to send to me rarely come..... sigh.

      Incredible Art Resources