RE: [art_education] Re: Flowers of the South Pacific

  • Paige Conn
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2007
      WOW!!! We are so close to our AMAZING flowers being fully "grown". It has been a fairly simple yet time consuming process. They are all cut and assembled, now it is time to give them form and a stem. I am experimenting with liquid starch. Any other ideas?

      I cannot wait to share them. My only disappointment is that I really don't get to share them in the galleries (hallways) here at school. And the kids are bummed that they do not get to keep one. It took a lot of man power to create the 18 or so that we did, but I think we might tackle it as a grade level project, maybe in the spring. They are so beautiful and impressive. Each one we create is my new favorite!

      I am thinking about presenting the project at conference.

      I just found out that the original one that I got my inspiration from were made from metal....We recycled and used the backs of book covers...."Green" lovers rejoice!!

      Can't wait to take a photo and share!!

      Paige
      Fredericksburg