Re: How to teach/inspire for a contest??

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      My junior girl scout troop had similar themed contest last year. I
      had the girls make a time line of their life, starting with where they
      were born and with at least 5 important events in their life so far.
      Then I had them keep going by listing off 5 more important events yet
      to come. I asked them to make a picture/collage of the events that
      were to happen in the future. I asked that they put the last one
      closest to the top and have the soonest event at the bottom. ( I
      wanted to break them of making the bottom of the page the only place
      where action took place.) Most of the girl's pictures translated
      very easily and came out very inspiring. You could see a real
      progression of achievement- including graduation, marriage, winning
      presidency....

      Good luck,
      Brandy