Travel abroad opportunity

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      Dear List Members:

      Many of you know me from ArtsEdNet, but I am more of a lurker on this list.
      I am an art educator at Northern Arizona University -- recently moved from
      the Dallas-Fort Worth area. While in Texas, I put together trips abroad for
      members of the Texas Art Education Association. On occasion, members from
      ArtsEdNet joined us. Our most recent trip was to Italy.

      The next trip is to London and Paris. I invite any of you who have an
      interest to contact me at one of the below email addresses.

      Space is limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. Anyone
      who reserves a space and pays the deposit prior to the end of the month will
      receive a $100 discount off the price of the base trip.

      Here's the overview. I hope that you'll join us. We always have a grand
      time on these trips!

      Pam
      pgstephens@...
      Pamela.Stephens@...

      =====================================
      London and Paris
      June 12, 2004

      Reserve your space and make your $300 deposit before the end of November to
      receive a $100 discount on your total trip price.

      Those who have traveled with Go Ahead Vacations before will have additional
      discounts for frequent travel.

      All payments will be made to Go Ahead Vacations. Go Ahead Vacations is a
      sister company of EF Tours and is fully bonded.

      Day 1 Overnight flight to London

      Day 2 - 5 London
      Day 6 Depart London on the high-speed Eurostar
      train and arrive Paris

      Day 7 - 8 Paris

      Day 9 Flight to USA

      Itinerary
      This trip is largely on your own. Included will be:

      a.. Roundtrip coach air - you may choose your US gateway city, but prices
      vary depending upon your choice
      b.. Ground transfers in Europe
      c.. Hotel
      d.. Breakfast daily
      e.. Eurostar pass
      Air
      The price of this trip is based on a group fare with a package deal of
      hotel/air; therefore, it is usually not cost effective for individuals to
      purchase upgrades to business or first class. Likewise, using frequent
      flyer miles do not significantly reduce the price of the overall trip.

      We will not know the carrier until our tickets are processed. The carrier
      is always a major airline (e.g., American, Lufthansa or Delta). If you have
      a frequent flyer program with the chosen airline, you will receive miles on
      your account when you check in at the airport.

      Of course, there are exceptions to most rules. If you have a question, just
      ask.

      Ground transfers
      We will be met at the airport and train station to be escorted to the
      hotels. We will also be escorted to the airport in Paris. Usually these
      transfers are on a private charter motor coach.

      Luggage
      Please abide by airline rules for the number of bags. Usually two bags per
      person are all that is allowed. In many European countries, you will be
      allowed only one carry on.

      Hotels
      Hilton Olympia (London)

      Hotel Mercure Ronceray Opera (Paris)

      The London hotel is in the Kensington area with nearby access to the Tube
      (subway) and bus system. Daily passes for public transportation are
      inexpensive and can be purchased on site. Public transportation in London
      is safe and easy to use.

      The Paris hotel is near the opera house and about a 15-minute walk from the
      Louvre. Subway stations are located throughout Paris and are easy as well
      as inexpensive to use. Buy your pass on site.

      All rooms in both hotels have private baths. Some will have showers; others
      will have tubs. Most rooms will have American conveniences such as a phone
      and TV.

      Please remember that European hotels are not the same as American hotels.
      The rooms are usually quite small. The hotels we will use are comfortable
      and clean, but small.

      Optional Tours
      You may purchase optional tours for London and Paris while you are booking
      your trip. The cost of the tours will be added to your trip price and will
      be on your final statement. A list of optional tours and prices will be
      provided with your brochure.

      You may also wait and book optional tours after you are in London and Paris.
      There is no price difference, just the convenience of not having to wait in
      line.

      Extend your stay
      If you wish to stay longer in London and Paris, we can book your trip as a
      13-day package and you will not stay the entire time with the rest of the
      group. This extension is $400 per person.

      Deviate from the Package
      If you wish to stay longer in Europe and depart from a city other than
      Paris, this is called deviating from the package. The travel company can
      provide air transportation, but you will be responsible for booking your
      hotel(s) and ground transportation. To make a deviation, you will pay a
      supplemental fee plus the difference in price (if there is any) of your
      airfare.

      Traveling single?
      If you wish to travel as a single and have a private room, there is a
      supplemental fee for this.

      Not included in the Package
      a.. Tips
      b.. Optional tours
      Pricing per person based on double occupancy
      a.. From Phoenix $1799 if booked before November 30 ($1899 after that
      date)
      b.. From DFW $$1774 if booked before November 30 ($1874 after that date)
      c.. From NYC $1649 if booked before November 30 ($1749 after that date)
      d.. From Austin $1824 if booked before November 30 ($1924 after that date)
      e.. From Las Vegas $1849 if booked before November 30 ($1949 after that
      date)
      f.. From Pittsburgh $1759 if booked before November 30 ($1859 after that
      date)
      Other gateways available. Just ask.

      Payment
      All payments will be made to Go Ahead Vacations. Go Ahead Vacations accepts
      checks or charge cards. A deposit of $300 holds your reservation. The
      balance due will be billed approximately 70 days prior to travel.